We are different from many other relief and development organizations because:
- Our development approach accelerates resilience, not dependency. It enables communities to lift themselves out of poverty rather than relying on continuous outside resources.
- Our humanitarian relief supports crisis and conflict response in some of the most fragile contexts in the world.
- We partner with indigenous organizations to advance work through local networks rather than duplicating infrastructure.
- Our staff are usually from the country in which they serve, not expats.
- We openly name and influence actions to address the systems that perpetuate poverty and injustice.
- We walk with individuals who know that poverty and injustice are complex and require more than simple solutions. And we help them find their place in the story of overcoming.